Shield up against the sun with Taut® range
Protect yourself against UV Rays from the Sun, inside and out with LAC Taut range
Shield Up Against The Summer Suns!
Protect yourself against UV Rays from the Sun, inside and out!
DO YOU KNOW?
UV rays from the sun damages your skin every day!Living in sunny Singapore means that it is hard to steer clear of the harmful effects of UV rays. Sun exposure without protection can lead to undesired pigmentation and premature skin ageing. Even when indoors, prolonged exposure to UV lights can have the same effect on your skin. Read on to find out how you can protect you skin and stop premature ageing in its tracks!
1. UV damage can happen indoors too. The sun’s ultraviolet (UV) radiation can penetrate windows to reach the skin, accelerating skin ageing even when you don’t know it.
2. It is easy to skip sunscreen when it isn’t sunny outside but UV rays can get through, even on a cloudy day. According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, up to 80 percent of the sun’s UV rays can pass through the clouds.
3. Anyone, no matter their skin tone is susceptible to skin cancer. People with darker skin produce more of a pigment called melanin that can help protect the skin to a certain extent but they can also develop skin cancer from UV damage.
4. UV rays can reflect off surfaces like water, sand, snow, pavement, or grass causing us to be more affected than we think.
TYPES OF UV RAYS
Ultraviolet A or UVA
Commonly associated with Skin Ageing
UVA rays are long waves that penetrates deep into the dermal layers and are linked to long-term skin damage such as wrinkles, freckles and even skin cancer.
Ultraviolet B or UVB
Typically associated with Sunburn
UVB rays are shorter waves that do not penetrate into the skin affects the skin surface, causing it to burn or become inflamed, leading to redness.
Excessive exposure can produce genetic mutations in the skin’s cellular DNA, which can lead to skin cancer. Therefore, it is extra important for us to be vigilant in sun protection. Doing so not only prevents and reduces the harmful effects of UV damage, but can also improve your skin tone over time.
PROTECT YOUR SKIN FROM THE SUN
1. Avoid going outdoors during peak periods of most intense sunlight
UV rays are the strongest between 10 am and 4 pm, so do your best to stay indoors then.
2. Cover up with protective clothing
The easiest way to test if a fabric can protect your skin is to hold it up to the light to see if you can see through it. If you can, then UV rays can also pass through them. A white shirt typically has an SPF of about 7 but drops down to 3 when wet. Therefore it is important to also where other protective gears like hats and sunglasses to shield the face and the eyes.
3. Apply adequate amount of broad-spectrum sunscreen every 2 hours
To ensure that you get the full SPF of the sunscreen, you would need to apply about 30 ml for a normal day and double the amount for a long day at the beach. Sunscreens should also be applied 30 minutes before sun exposure to ensure that the ingredients properly bind to the skin. Reapply every 2 hours daily and immediately after an intense sweat session.
The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends an SPF of 15 or higher. Here is a quick breakdown of what it means:
- Sun Protection Factor (SPF) indicator on your sunscreen measures its ability to block against UVB, which is the main cause of sunburn
- The Protection Grade (PA) on sunscreen indicates the sunscreen’s ability to help to block against UVA and daily UV rays
4. Simply take LAC Taut® Sunshield to protect your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays from inside-out.
LAC Taut® Sunshield is a revolutionary beauty supplement that protects you against UVA and UVB rays from the inside out. It features 2 powerful key ingredients Golden Tomato, a prominent photo-ageing protective ingredient and Vitamin C, an antioxidant essential for healthy skin renewal. Both ingredients work together to help protect skin ageing caused by sun radiation, reduce skin sensitivity which is the cause of skin redness as well as brighten and even up skin tone, leaving you with bright, radiant and youthful looking skin
Buddies in the Sun!Pair up with LAC Collagen Infusion Mask , a age defying mask with premium collagen-enriched essence for all skin types. While LAC Taut® Sunshield absorbs UV and prevents radiation , LAC Taut® collagen drink improves skin elasticity and strength by plumping up fine line and wrinkles, lifts and tightens saggy skin which results in firmer and younger looking skin.